Load Banks powered by LOAD BANKS DIRECT
Powerohm Resistors, the world leading manufacturer of power resistor products, is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with Load Banks Direct “LBD”. LBD is a complete Load-Testing solutions provider to the mission-critical power systems industry. It is comprised of two entities - Load Banks Direct (for direct load bank sales) and Load Bank Depot (for short or long term load bank rentals).
Load Banks Direct is a leading manufacturer of high-capacity load banks used in the testing and commissioning of standby emergency power systems including generators, uninterruptible power supplies, turbines, battery systems and regenerative power absorption of large motors, and other load applications. Load Bank Depot provides rental service solutions to the same end markets.
LBD is a spinoff of Powerohm Resistors (North America's largest manufacturer of power resistor products). Our engineering and sales teams have over 100 years of combined resistor and load bank experience.
Each LBD load bank is constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel with polyester powder coat paint to achieve a durable, long-lasting finish. Fork-lift channels are provided in the base for easy installation and lifting. The load bank cold-air intake and hot-air exhaust are screened and louvered for superior all-weather protection. All exterior fasteners are stainless steel for long life. Each load bank features a high performance blower system, which offers superior cooling and lower noise. The resistive load sections feature LBD PowerDyne™ wound load elements, fully supported across their entire length within the air stream on stainless steel support rods with high-temperature ceramic insulators. Load stability is optimized by maintaining conservative resistor designs.
All units include the necessary operator control panel for ON/OFF application of the various load sections. The control panel is mounted in a NEMA-12 control enclosure which is suitable for remote mounting and comes standard with each load bank assembly. Each load bank also includes many important safety features such as fused load steps, blower air-fail switch, exhaust over-temperature switch, blower motor overload protection and appropriate warning and caution signage located on the load bank access panels.
LBD standard freestanding load banks include power capacities ranging from 200 kilowatts to 2500 kilowatts with standard resolution of 25 kW. Optional 10 kW resolution is available for applications requiring ultra-precision load adjustment. These load banks are suitable for use on all common 50 and 60 hertz power systems up to 600 volts. Custom ratings or medium-voltage designs are also available at Load Banks Direct.
Load Bank Ratings and Features:
- Nominal Voltage Ratings of 240/480 VAC, 480 VAC and 600 VAC
- Power Ratings Ranging from 200 kilowatts to 2500 kilowatts
- Heavy duty enclosures with galvanized and powder coated finish
- PowerDyne™ load elements with stainless steel rod supports
- Remote control panel with standard NEMA-12 control enclosure
- Outdoor NEMA-3R enclosure designs
- Multi-compartment enclosure isolates controls and power connections from load elements and blower compartment
- Thermostatically controlled strip heater within the load bank relay compartment
- Built-in forklift channels for easy installation and lifting
- Multiple cable entry points with aluminum gland plates included
- Fused circuit protection for all control and power circuits
- Industry leading safety features, conservative designs, long life, and VALUE